WOODWORK

bordeaux caen en bagnole c’est moins reuch que paname. Nantes - Caen = pas de péages. Trouve des gens pour monter ou va jusqu’à nantes y a du monde qui vient

Je profite du « buzz médiatique ».

Une itw qui vient de paraître sur un zine ukrainien du nom de Thoughtcrime. Traduite en anglais parce que le russe c’est bien sympa 5 minutes mais on comprend pas vraiment en fait.

1. Introduce yourself: who are you in the band, what do you do besides playing in it?

My name is Nicolas, I’m vocalist. Besides the band, I’m finishing my Phd research in geography of environment.

1. How did you decide to start Woodwork? Why did you choose to sound like a 90’s band?

We started the band after A Bridge to Many (modern punk hardcore) broke up in august 2011. Aurélien, Nabil and I have played in ABTM and we decided to start a new band. Pablo and Julien joined the team and we mixed up our influences – between all the music styles that you can imagine. So it was not a deliberately choice to sound like 90’s bands, and without doubt the band is gonna evolve within darkest/heavier and chaotics parts, but who knows?

1. Your songs are dedicated to a variety of social and political issues, how can you describe the main message of your band?

We presented the band as “politically fueled” even if the etiquette has no meaning beyond the message. I mean you can give all the slogan on your bandcamp page just to enhance your visual impact, but if you repeat always the same hardcore cliché you’re just playing a game that you’re sure to win. The main will of WoodWork is to awake critical spirit with political/war/socio-economic issues even if it’s a disturbing topic. There is no provocation…

1. Your bandcamp page says you support Humyn, Earth and Animal Liberation. How do you think, in what way can liberation be reached? For example, is it suitable to take direct action, or maybe education is the only way?

Another etiquette which gives you an idea of our political orientations. The only way, an utopist one, is to abolish capitalism. Problem solved aha. In a generalist point of view, capitalism means domination, exploitation, competitiveness, war, etc. All the shitty things you see on your tv are not generated by a hidden strength but by a bunch of people who respond to their greedy need before thinking of the good of the majority. I know, hoping the death of the capitalist system is utopist, but utopia is not impossible but the unrealized (Théodore Monod R.I.P.). Everything in this world is a cycle; we see the limit with the financial crisis so I’m just waiting the next step.

We must educate ourselves in order to change our living way, but it’s not the only way. Politicians have an impact but their actions are limited by the rules of profit, the lobbying (I’m not going to talk about election system and their so-called representativeness). You want to liberate the animal/nature because everybody talks about loss of biodiversity, preservation of environment, or because you like walking in a wood or swimming among fish? I think the first thing is stop eating flesh. Everyone have its own contradiction but this is a serious one. You love (all) animals and watching their death is disgusting? How can you eat them? You’re scared about the judgment of someone else, the tradition, the culture? Take the risk and do what you think what’s good for you, for the future generations, the world (please read this sentence singing a Mickael Jackson song!)

1. I was to surprised to see books and films in comments to your lyrics - can you name any of them that influenced you the most? Or any historical characters?
    There’s not a unique influence. It’s like talking about our musical influences, we read/listen/watch a lot of book/band/movie, but it’s the mix between all of them and our interpretation of the world that built our message.

Have you any words to tell kids reading this itw?

People (and most of all “Hardcore kids”) have to start developing a critical mind. I’m not saying that we have to criticize everything, criticism can be positive or negative; but it’s important to bear in mind that all that unfolds before our eyes is not driven by a relation of cause and effect, it is more complex and we need to educate ourselves more in order to understand these driving forces.
We’re not preaching for a way of life, there is no “right way”, we are simply exposing our point of view. There is no moralization either, if you feel judged then maybe you should stop listening to Punk/Hardcore in the first place.

On est discret mais pas mort. On a un album sur le feu et quelques concerts prévus le weekend prochain :

Vendredi 11.09. Tours @ canadian café (+ Chaviré, BJCL)
facebook.com/events/1644536192489456/
Samedi 12.09. Brest @ VEGFEST (+ Perm-a-trend, Warnoar, HHM)
facebook.com/events/1414624072190570/
Dimanche 13.09 Paris @picolo café ( + Trashley, Chaviré, Priests)
facebook.com/events/1464151400553932/

« Et il n’y a plus maintenant de beauté que dans le regard qui se tourne vers l’horrible, s’y confronte et maintient, avec une conscience entière de la négativité, la possibilité d’un monde meilleur » <3

« Bitch don’t kill my vibe »
-Kendrick Lamar

« chuis pas d’humeur à c’qu’on me prenne la tête »
Diam’s

C A CAUSE DU REGAR TENEBREUS DE xWORKYOURSOULx ?? SINN G PA COMPRI DSL

On a un nouveau morceau sur la compil’ COLD MOON du label Hydrogen Man Records en soutien au Wolf Sanctuary de Pennsylvannie.
Il s’agit d’un titre enregistré en 2013 pour un split 7" avorté. Il ne figurera pas sur le LP qu’on vient d’enregistrer.
Vous pouvez l’écouter ici : listen.hydrogenmanrecords.com/track/the-wild
On devrait recevoir quelques cassettes si ça vous tente : woodworkhc(chez)gmail(point)

cool comme morceau

Up! On vient de sortir un LP.

WOODWORK - Ordinary Violence LP

Track listing:

1. Initiation

2. Emancipation

3. State of Oppression

4. Overshoot

5. Legacy

6. Despoliation

7. Mari Chi Weu

8. Unlearn

9. From The T-4

10. T.I.N.A.

woodworkhc.bandcamp.com/
woodworkhc.bandcamp.com/
woodworkhc.bandcamp.com/

Stonehenge Records 063 (Europe) : stonehengerecords.com/mailor … lectpage=1
Hydrogen Man Records HMR.204 (USA) hydrogenmanrecords.com/

Artwork par Hugues Pzzl: huguesxpzzl.tumblr.com/
1€ sur chaque disque est reversé la Caisse d’Autodéfense Juridique (CAJ) de Toulouse.

Yo! On part faire quelques concerts prochainement.
On cherche une ou deux dates qui sont tombées à l’eau; faites signe si vous pouvez nous aider, merci ! (woodworkhc@gmail.com)

02 Juin - Bordeaux @ Novo Local (+ GRIT, DIKTAT) facebook.com/events/1826058534387790/
03 Juin - Poitiers @ Le Zinc (+ SUEUR(S) FROIDE(S)) facebook.com/events/260984847709696/
04 Juin - Caen @ La Petroleuse (+ END IT) facebook.com/events/198266267360110/
16 Juin - Lyon @ Trokson (+ DELETÄR) facebook.com/events/1928370737440464/
>>>17 Juin - HELP! (Paris ? ou n’importe où ailleurs)<<<

Euro Tour avec CHAVIRÉ
19 Juillet - Nancy
20 Juillet - Prague, CZ @ Café Na Pul Cesty
21-22-23 Juillet - FLUFF FEST @ Rokycany, CZ facebook.com/events/605037199688804/
24 Juillet - TBA
>>>25 Juillet - HELP (N’importe où en France)<<<

encore une fin de tournée bien rodée qui sent bon les aires d’autoroute ! :rock:

Ce sera sûrement Paris. 11h de routes pour un Gonzteau ça me parait correct

Ou alors vous faites 17H de route pour venir jouer à Brest :em0200:

Je vais te prendre au mot je crois.
Paris c’est pas possible, du coup on cherche une date le Samedi 17 Juin et aussi le Mardi 25 Juillet (avec Chaviré)

[size=200]ATTENDS, ON JOUE ENSEMBLE ?!![/size] :icon21:

[size=200]TU JOUT DANS CHAVIRER ? :astonished: [/size]

c’est booké tout ça ? salut je débarque

Prochaines dates :

Vendredi 26 Janvier - SAINT-ETIENNE @ La Gueule Noire (+ DELETÄR + guest)
Samedi 27 Janvier - DIJON @ Les Tanneries (+ MENTAL DISTRESS + ONE BURNING MATCH + DICK TRACY LORD + POUR X RAISON)

Samedi 03 Février - TOULOUSE @ Les Pavillons Sauvages (+ MODERN LOVE + CHAVIRÉ + NA TULACE)
Dimanche 04 Février - PARIS @ Le Klub (+ MODERN LOVE + CHAVIRÉ + STALLED MINDS)

Vendredi 20 Avril - HELP Lyon ou Marseille → mp ou woodworkhc@gmail.com si vous pouvez nous filer un coup de main[/b]
Samedi 21 Avril - Nevers